[Bro-Dev] New script organization

Gregor Maier gregor at icir.org
Sun Aug 7 10:07:06 PDT 2011

Hi,

I really like the new script layout. Having just poked at it, it really
is a lot easier to find stuff in there :-)

I do however have some quick comments:

* I would rename "all.bro" to "default.bro". I think "all" is
   misleading, since it doesn't load everything, it rather loads the
   default config.

* I would also rename use the extension ".init" for the file, since its
   automatically loaded by the core without script intervention. I.e.,
   call it "default.init".

* I would move the test check whether "default.init" should be loaded
   into the core and not handle that at the script level.

* Does it make sense to do some BROPATH magic? For each path in
   BROPATH, we could automatically add "/policy", "/site", "/base"?
   But YMMV.

I'd like to see the first three points. Not so sure about the last one
though.

cu
Gregor
--