[Bro-Dev] New script organization

Jonathan Siwek jsiwek at ncsa.illinois.edu
Mon Aug 8 07:46:09 PDT 2011

> * I would also rename use the extension ".init" for the file, since its
>   automatically loaded by the core without script intervention. I.e.,
>   call it "default.init".

I don't like the use of ".init" for anything.  To me, that's implying it might not be the same language as the other scripts.  Is there an advantage of using the exceptional extension?  Maybe it was originally meant to imply it's an internal script, but now anything in "base/" could almost be considered "internal".

Just throwing out an idea:  use a "default.bro" and then change "bro.init" => "core.bro".