[Bro-Dev] Impact of timers/scheduled events?

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Tue Aug 30 07:19:17 PDT 2011

I'm not exactly sure of all the impacts of scheduling events.  Are there any known issues with scheduling very large numbers of them?

I know there could be the issue of memory exhaustion if you are creating references to large data structures, but assuming that I'm passing reasonably small data structures into events is it reasonable to create something on the order of 100,000 scheduled timers that expire at various times over a three hour interval?  Could that cause any performance or resource exhaustion problems?