[Bro-Dev] PF_RING cluster ID

William Jones jones at tacc.utexas.edu
Wed Aug 31 13:15:50 PDT 2011

Good point about the -C.   I set it because I was getting checksum errors.

I now know that the source was due to the small snap len that bro uses in combination with  a standard optimization in the new 10 GiGE card that will present  several continues packets as one to pcap.  So 10 1500 packets could turn into one 15000 buy packet.

I patched bro server weeks ago.   I forgot remove the -C parameter.

I just removed on my bro cluster are it not complaining about checksum.

I don't mind fixing my configs if you give me a more standard way to do something.    When the next version coming out?