[Bro-Dev] [Bro-Commits] [git/bro] fastpath: Fix error emitted when loading local.bro in bare mode (8d7ca13)

Siwek, Jonathan Luke jsiwek at illinois.edu
Thu Dec 1 06:51:13 PST 2011

>> Regarding the redef of SMTP::entity_excerpt_len without having
>>  been previously defined.
>> + at load base/protocols/smtp/entities-excerpt
>
> I'm confused why this is needed, this script should already be loaded.  I just checked and it is loaded in the base/protocols/smtp/__load__.bro script.

But that the loading of that depends on running in "default" mode, right?

$ bro -b local
error in /Users/jsiwek/Projects/bro/bro/scripts/site/local.bro, line 69: "redef" used but not previously defined (SMTP::entity_excerpt_len)

Granted, I'm not sure if that's going to be a common case to use bare mode to load local.bro, but the rule should be that everything loads without error in bare mode (and the documentation generation does just that which is where I first observed the error)

+Jon