[Bro-Dev] Hui Lin_Where is Binpac warning for Bro 2.0

Hui Lin (Hugo) hlin33 at illinois.edu
Fri Dec 9 12:02:02 PST 2011

Hi,

I could not see binpac warning in Bro 2.0.

I used to see the binpac warning generated by &check statement, showing in
the stdout. But now, I could not see any thing and could not find any thing
in the log.

Here is how I test it. In the "default" branch of "case" statement, I write

default -> unknown: Debug_Byte *&check(0)*;

My purpose is that if the network packet is not correct, then it come to
the default case, then I hope that binpac can directly give me some warning
instead of writing bro script to detect it.

However, I did not see any warning in Bro 2.0 when this branch is entered.

Best,

Hui

--
Hui Lin