[Bro-Dev] Closing tickets in commit messages

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Thu Feb 10 14:09:02 PST 2011

If you want to close a ticket through a commit message, the git->trac integration works now.  You just need to reference the ticket in your commit message like this: ticket:393.  I'm not completely sure of the full syntax available for commit messages, but my commits I just did a little bit ago closed my test ticket with this syntax.  We'll just have to be careful with this since we've frequently been changing tickets to merge requests so that the person committing the fix is often not the person that actually closes the ticket.

I also fixed another problem with viewing changesets through the tracker while I was working on this.