[Bro-Dev] Comparing records

Gregor Maier gregor at icir.org
Sat Feb 19 11:16:05 PST 2011

On 2/19/11 9:51 , Vern Paxson wrote:
>> Is there any way to do this (other than comparing each element individually
>> or writing a bif-function for it)
>
> No existing support for it.  In what context do you want to do this?
> Note that given the open-ended nature of records (e.g., they can include
> tables, and/or require evalution of default entries), such comparison
> is complex to support in a fully general fashion.

For my NFS analyzer to check whether two attribute sets are equal (the
record only contains basic types).
As a quick workaround I've added the two record I want to compare to a
set and then check how many elements are in the set.
BTW, how does hashing of records for sets and tables work if there are
other records or tables in it?  Will it do a "deep-hashing"?

cu
gregor

--
Gregor Maier