[Bro-Dev] Git merge and submodules

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Thu Jan 13 08:49:19 PST 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 10:29 -0600, you wrote:

> Yeah, I haven't strained myself too hard thinking about this but I
> think maybe this is a good solution for anyone that encounters this

Gregor and I talked yesterday about adding a simple script like
"fix-submodules" that would do whatever is necessary to get the
submodules into the right state (which probably is just such a
recursive update; but Gregor, didn't we have a second thing the
script could do as well?). So, after a merge one would just run that
and be good.

Another script which I think would be useful is something like
"update-submodules" that moves all submodules to their most recent
version (e.g., if we're in master, checks out all the other master
version and commits the update).

Do you think these make sense?

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org