[Bro-Dev] enums in modules

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Sat Jan 22 22:21:51 PST 2011

On Jan 22, 2011, at 5:18 PM, Robin Sommer wrote:

> I'm actually not quite sure to which degree enums are supported by
> bifcl right now. Two things you could try: (1) do they work if they
> don't have namespace?;

I think that does work, it's the namespacing that messes things up because the Bro and C syntaxes don't mesh.  Maybe bifcl could munge namespaces from Logging::ID to _Logging__ID or something to provide the transition?

> and (2) does it work to say just ":enum"
> (probably not).

I can't imagine that it would work.  I'll give it a try though.

> The alternative would be to use "any" and check for the type's
> correctness dynamically inside the function body until we have fixed
> this.

Good point, I may go that way once I have the other kinks worked out.