[Bro-Dev] 0MQ security considerations

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Fri Jul 8 06:22:28 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 07, 2011 at 19:04 -0400, you wrote:

> First, though, I thought I'd look around for a library that does
> something like that.  If I can't find one, then it'll be time to build
> one.

I forgot the obvious one yesterday: Intel's TBB. That's what the
multi-core Bro prototype is already using, and it's main thread
abstraction is (almost?) compatible to C++0x. I could live that
dependency. And it has lock-free data structures as well. I think
that's actually the best option I see right now.

> Also, the dependencies involved with boost do suck, but pushing
> maintenance onto someone else can be a huge win.

But somebody has maintain the code that's *using* Boost ... My main
concern is actually that once we have Boost, folks will immediately
start using pretty much any feature it provides. :-)

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org