[Bro-Dev] script loading changes

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Tue Jul 12 17:40:21 PDT 2011

Nice summary, thanks!

Two additional thoughts:

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 17:26 -0500, you wrote:

> 1) When an @load or command line argument relies on BROPATH to search for
>    the script/package, directory separator characters (i.e. '/') must be
>    replaced with dots ('.').

Do we want to say "may" instead of "must"? So both versions would be
acceptable. If we @load a.b.c and don't find that file literally, we
try a/b/c. I think that would help help with (2) as well.

One thing we haven't considered yet: what if "x" itself has new @loads
or @adds? Can we make that well-defined?

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org