[Bro-Dev] script loading changes

Gilbert Clark gc355804 at ohio.edu
Wed Jul 13 11:11:54 PDT 2011

On 7/13/2011 11:48 AM, Jonathan Siwek wrote:
>> Alternatively, @try x, then define a set of @require directives in x
>> that must be met in order for x to be loaded (but that silently fail /
>> throw a warning if they fail to load)?
> We want the attempt to load 'x' to be postponed until after the normal

Yeah; was thinking that @require could evaluate after all @load's have
been completed, very similar to @load x when y.

More relevant, though: I'm kind of worried that @load x when y would
break logical encapsulation a little bit (since it seems like 'load x
when y' essentially means that something other than x needs to be aware
of exactly what x needs to load in order to run).

I guess that's a matter of preference, though.

--Gilbert