[Bro-Dev] script loading changes

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Wed Jul 13 21:53:55 PDT 2011

On Jul 14, 2011, at 12:45 AM, Robin Sommer wrote:

> Sorry for being the party pooper now but I *do* like the ability to
> load something automatically (only) when something else is loaded as
> well.

Haha, I don't think it's possible for you to be the Bro party pooper.  You're the life of the party!

> I don't think that can really be substituted for at the
> scripting layer right now, at least not nicely.

I'll think about this.  It may be possible to make something fairly clean at the scripting layer.

> software.bro is a good
> application for that and I'm sure there are more (like the
> intelligence framework?).

Yep, the intelligence framework is another big one.  The metrics framework may be another one as well, but possibly not.  I'm not sure of how exactly it will be used yet.