[Bro-Dev] build problem on Snow Leopard

Vern Paxson vern at icir.org
Tue Jul 19 09:28:26 PDT 2011

On a basically fresh checkout (I had grabbed it originally a couple of
weeks ago, though hadn't built it, and just issued "git pull" to update)
on my up-to-date Snow Leopard system, ./configure is failing with:

	-- Performing Test openssl_greater_than_0_9_7
	-- Performing Test openssl_greater_than_0_9_7 - Failed
	CMake Error at cmake/OpenSSLTests.cmake:41 (message):
	  OpenSSL >= v0.9.7 required
	Call Stack (most recent call first):
	  CMakeLists.txt:165 (include)

However, "openssl version" reports:

	OpenSSL 1.0.0d 8 Feb 2011

Perhaps there's some sort of search path confusion going on?  In general,
I have now idea how to fix this - please advise.

		Vern