[Bro-Dev] build problem on Snow Leopard

Jonathan Siwek jsiwek at ncsa.illinois.edu
Tue Jul 19 10:01:16 PDT 2011

> 	-- Performing Test openssl_greater_than_0_9_7
> 	-- Performing Test openssl_greater_than_0_9_7 - Failed
> 	CMake Error at cmake/OpenSSLTests.cmake:41 (message):
> 	  OpenSSL >= v0.9.7 required
> 	Call Stack (most recent call first):
> 	  CMakeLists.txt:165 (include)

Higher up in the ./configure output it should tell which libs it found,
e.g:

-- Found OpenSSL: /usr/lib/libssl.dylib;/usr/lib/libcrypto.dylib

Can you show me what that says for you and also send the contents of
build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log ?

> However, "openssl version" reports:
>
> 	OpenSSL 1.0.0d 8 Feb 2011
>
> Perhaps there's some sort of search path confusion going on?

Yeah, I don't think that's the openssl that comes with snow leopard,
so there's probably a mismatch going on somewhere.

> In general, I have now idea how to fix this - please advise.

There's a --with-openssl option you can give to configure to try and
force which installation of openssl you want.

But generally this should work automatically on Mac for common package
managers (homebrew, macports, and fink), so there's probably something
in the CMake scripts I need to fix again.