[Bro-Dev] Hui Lin_Binpac: handle incremental input for flowunit

Hui Lin hlin33 at illinois.edu
Wed Jul 20 21:41:12 PDT 2011

HI,

When I define flowunit data for flow, I am bothered by the not support
incremental input. I have searched this error and found a mail from Seth. It
seems that flowunit data has to be clearly set the &length. My situation is
something like follows

type XXX_Request = record {
        header: Header;
        data: case header.function_code of {
                x -> request_type1: Type1;
                x -> request_type2: Type2;
        };
} &length = ....;

XXX_Request is the flowunit data. My problem is that after header is parsed,
I still don't know the length of the whole XXX_Request data unit. The
function_code from the header will define what data type follows the header
and different data type have different length. So I am wondering what I can
do in this situation to set the proper value of length of the XXX_Request.
Or flowunit is not supporting this situation, I have to use the datagram?

Best,
Hui

--
Hui Lin