[Bro-Dev] Hui Lin_Binpac: handle incremental input for flowunit

Hui Lin hlin33 at illinois.edu
Wed Jul 20 22:18:34 PDT 2011

It is the DNP3 protocol. I kind of refer to the modbus protocol that shared
from Dina. In modbus, the header contain the length field, so it is
straightforward to set the length of the flowunit. But DNP3 does not contain
such field to directly indicate the length of the application level
fragment.

The structure is kind of more complex. Some request will contain addition
headers and objects, so you can only know the length of the whole fragment
when you parse them all. Or at least parse this additional header (but there
is also no length field in this additional header).  I don't quite follow
what do you mean "framing it to the packet". Any further suggestion?

--
Hui Lin
Research Assistant
hlin33 at illinois.edu