[Bro-Dev] 0MQ security considerations

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Fri Jul 29 13:52:37 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 19:04 -0700, you wrote:

> So, I suppose it might be good to spawn a finite number of Bro worker
> threads and assign LogWriters to those

Gilbert and I talked about this a bit more, but for the record: while
generally there's nothing wrong with that, I'm not sure we actually
need it here. The writer threads are long-lived and many of them won't
even have much load. My guess is that the OS will actually be doing
just fine scheduling them for us. So my suggestion is to go with
individual threads for now and see if we run into problems. If we
really do, it should still be quite straight-forward to later switch
to a worker thread model.

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org