[Bro-Dev] Directly committing to master

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Sat Jul 30 20:03:22 PDT 2011

On Jul 30, 2011, at 4:30 PM, Gregor Maier wrote:

> recently there have been a bunch of commits directly on master. Is there
> a particular reason for that? I would really prefer it if we could stick
> to our development process where work gets committed to topic branches
> and the topic branches are then merged into master. (These merges can
> happen often. I wouldn't mind that)

We had agreed that script development would happen directly on master temporarily but I can definitely see that causing trouble.  I think I agree and I'll move that development over to a branch.

The SSL fix was different.  It was a very simple change and the absence of the fix was causing trouble for a few people.