[Bro-Dev] script loading implementation

Jonathan Siwek jsiwek at ncsa.illinois.edu
Fri Jun 17 14:54:08 PDT 2011

> > but could it just generally canonicalize all scripts
> > to their full *absolute* paths of the actual files being loaded
> > (i.e., always including the .bro extensions) and then remember
> > those?

Err, I don't think it's trivial in C/C++ without extra libraries (e.g. Boost) to get absolute paths from relative ones (we can't rely just on BROPATH since that may also have relative paths in it) let alone compare that two lexical file representations actual resolve to the same file (duplicate '/', embedded './'s, etc.).

I think it works to just track/remember inode numbers, though.

- Jon