[Bro-Dev] script loading implementation

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Fri Jun 17 15:26:37 PDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 16:54 -0500, you wrote:

> I think it works to just track/remember inode numbers, though.

Yeah, nice thought, that should work as well (and even catches hard
links :).

For getting an absolute path, there's realpath(). However, the glibc
man page says:

    "Avoid using this function. It is broken by design ..."

Perhaps there are other C versions of that function out there (with a
suitable licence) that are safer to use and we could borrrow? (In
fact, the glibc version has a non-standard feature that avoids the
problem it seems.)

But either way seems fine.

Robin

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org