[Bro-Dev] [Bro-Commits] [git/bro] topic/robin/reporting: Overhauling the internal reporting of messages to the user. (93894ee)

Gregor Maier gregor at icir.org
Sun Jun 26 20:48:33 PDT 2011

On 6/25/11 18:23 , Robin Sommer wrote:
>       - util.h: all the error()/warn()/message()/run_time()/pinpoint()
>            functions are gone. Use the bro_logger instead now.
>
>          - Script errors are formatted a bit differently due to the
>            changes. What I've seen so far looks ok to me, but let me know
>            if there's something odd.

How are errors in the script layer handled? If there's an error in a
script you can't really call an event handler for to handle that error,
since it might well be that the error is either in the event handler or
that the error will prevent the event handler from working properly.

cu
gregor

--
Gregor Maier