[Bro-Dev] [Bro-Commits] [git/bro] topic/robin/reporting: Overhauling the internal reporting of messages to the user. (93894ee)

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Sun Jun 26 21:00:29 PDT 2011

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 20:48 -0700, you wrote:

> How are errors in the script layer handled? If there's an error in a
> script you can't really call an event handler for to handle that
> error,

It's not really *handled*, it just raises a new log_error event that
reports the error with a message. That event is then just queued
normally, which shouldn't cause any further trouble.

(Well, I guess the handler for log_error better doesn't cause any new
errors; but even if, it will just flood the log file, Bro will keep
processing.)

Robin

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org