[Bro-Dev] capitalization standardization

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Fri Mar 11 18:32:53 PST 2011

On Mar 11, 2011, at 7:19 PM, Gregor Maier wrote:

>>  Personally, I'd prefer that they differ in some way from variables. How about camelCase with the first character lower case (to distinguish them from types)?
>
> I'd prefer to *not* change the function names.

I agree with Gregor and Vern.  Changing the style for event and function names in the shipped scripts would be a big change (mentally and code-wise).

Taking Vern's point one step further about functions and events being isomorphic; functions and events are still just variables so keeping them with the same style as variables actually makes a lot of sense.  That's actually why I didn't specify functions and events originally.  I should have point that out though.  Try printing a function sometime if you want to see what I mean. :)