[Bro-Dev] bro script "public interface"

Jonathan Siwek jsiwek at ncsa.illinois.edu
Thu Mar 24 09:34:06 PDT 2011

> There will at least be a number of things in bro.init declared in the
> global namespace that we really need to document

Yeah, that's exactly the stuff I found missing from my first run of auto-generated docs that I had in mind when asking the question.

> > 2) Are there any initial thoughts on whether the auto-generated
> > documentation should even include the "private interface" stuff?
>
> No, I wouldn't bother with it for this release. If it turns out that
> it's something that people would like to have then we can add it, but
> I don't expect there will be a huge demand for it.

Good to know in case it turns out to be a mess to get that to work, but I'm thinking it might be simple.

It could probably even be an extra "verbose documentation" command line switch to bro that will create both the public and the private interface docs and then we can decide later if it's actually useful to provide.