[Bro-Dev] vectors (Re: syntax consistency question)

Vern Paxson vern at icir.org
Wed Mar 30 21:00:28 PDT 2011

> Right, technically the change is trivial, I was mainly looking for a
> consensus. Seem we have one.

Well, depends on how you define consensus.  I prefer indexing to start
with 1.  I think use of 0-basing is a holdover from C's too-low-level model
equating arrays with pointers.

But given I'm the lone holdout, and vectors aren't something we've used
much, I'm not going to fight hard.  However, I can picture an attribute
&base=1 or whatever to re-base particular vectors.

		Vern