[Bro-Dev] cmake/Python problem

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Sun May 1 21:46:59 PDT 2011

Hi Jon,

I've run into an issue with the CMake setup for python-broccoli and
pysubnetree. The problem occurs on a machine that has Python 2.4
installed system-wide, but where I have installed a self-compiled 2.6
into my home. CMake does detect the 2.6 binary correctly (it's in the
PATH), but its PythonLibs still goes for the 2.4 libraries.

I think the underlying problem is that PythonLibs searches for the
libraries itself, while it should better ask the "python-config" that
corresponds to what PythonInterp found.

I'm attaching a patch that runs python-config and then adapts
CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH accordingly before it does PythonLibs. Patching
both python-broccoli and pysubnettree with this solves my problem.
However, I'm not sure this is indeed the cleanest way of doing it.

Could you take a look?

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org