[Bro-Dev] conn-size

Gregor Maier gregor at icir.org
Tue May 3 10:31:02 PDT 2011

Actually there's a bit more to that. Even the original code did a
    Unref(conn_val);
    conn_val = 0;
in Connection::FlipRoles(), i.e. the full conn_val had to be rebuild
after a FlipRole() and only the endpoint pointers were reused as the
original code also kept distinct pointers to the endp_vals.

My code however doesn't keep pointers to the endp_vals, because I now
use a root_analyzer->UpateConnVal() instead of two
root_analyzer->UpdateEndpointVal() calls. As per our general discussion,
I'm doing this so that any child analyzer could now update or extend the
conn_val or the endpoint vals. So, swapping doesn't make sense anymore
unless we keep conn_val (in which case conn_id and the endp_vals have to
be replaced).

(However, I just saw that the conn_size analyzer doesn't flip its
counters. Will fix that.)

(sorry for the first, incorrect e-mail. Should reply to e-mails before
my first coffee)

cu
gregor

--