[Bro-Dev] metrics framework

Jonathan Siwek jsiwek at ncsa.illinois.edu
Mon May 9 20:13:40 PDT 2011

> Someone mentioned to me recently that graphviz will even do ascii art
> based graphs in your terminal and it's already installed everywhere.

That would be cool if it did, but I'm not so sure..

>From what I remember graphviz's strength was more for (un)directed graphs.

> This would just be a companion script so people would be free to write whatever works best for themselves.

Ok, I think I understand better -- you just need some way to massage the logs into a form that's easily sucked up by some plotting software (user's choice).

FWIW, gnuplot can just read a file of one "x y" datapoint per line.  And I know it does do ASCII plots just as easily as X11 ones.  R should also easily read files formatted like that.