[Bro-Dev] [Bro-Commits] [git/bro] master: Modification to the Communication framework API. (da9b8cc)

Daniel Thayer dnthayer at ncsa.illinois.edu
Tue Oct 11 08:13:59 PDT 2011

Yes, I tried that (didn't seem to make any difference).
I also started with a fresh copy of the sources:

$ git clone --recursive ssh://git@git.bro-ids.org/bro
$ grep -R listen_port_clear bro
bro/aux/broctl/BroControl/install.py:        print >>out, "redef Communication::listen_port_clear = %s/tcp;" % nextPort(manager)

After building and installing Bro, I did this:

$ broctl
[BroControl] > install
[BroControl] > start
starting bro ...
bro terminated immediately after starting; check output with "diag"
[BroControl] > diag

==== stderr.log
error in /myprefix/spool/policy/auto/standalone-layout.bro, line 2: "redef" used but not previously defined (Communication::listen_port_clear)