[Bro-Dev] minimum required version of python?

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Wed Oct 12 09:09:56 PDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 15:12 -0500, you wrote:

> Do we require a minimum version of Python in order to use Bro?

For BroControl it used to be 2.4 but that's apparently not the case
anymore if there are 2.5 constructs in there now. If it's easy to
eliminate things that prevent it from running with 2.4, we could do
that; but on the other hand I'm tempted to just say we require at
least 2.6. That's not exactly new anymore, and if people can't find
packages, it's actually straight-forward to compile from source (I've
done it many times :-)

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org