[Bro-Dev] Beta schedule

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Mon Oct 17 21:27:46 PDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 09:15 -0700, I wrote:

> Sounds like everybody feels we're getting ready to do our beta
> release. Let's aim for early next week.

Updates:

- I have spent some time redoing how git files are pulled in by
  www.bro-ids.org. That now allows us to have separate sets of docs
  for release, beta, and master; and generally makes usage easier.

- I have also cleaned up the submodules to unify README structure,
  licenses, etc.

- I'm making releases (with tarballs) for all the submodules, except
  broctl. There shouldn't be changing much for them during the Bro
  beta period, and even if, we can always release new versions. Jus
  trying to get them out of the way.

I'm planing to push all this out tomorrow.

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org