[Bro-Dev] Packaging (Re: Beta schedule)

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Wed Oct 19 12:40:07 PDT 2011

Thanks, looks good, but one more request:

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 23:13 -0500, you wrote:

> Added that part to the `make-release` script.

The disadadvantage of this is that is erases all local changes right
inside the repository I'm working in. Could "make dist" instead run
the "git clean" inside the temporary copy that it's creating? (Which
would probably mean that it needs to copy .git over first, then run
git clean, and then rm .git). That way nothing I have lying around
locally would be touched. I'm sure otherwise I will at some point
accidentally delete something.

Also, the "git submodule foreach ..." descends into all subdirectories
but doesn't execute inside the top-levle parent module. I think we
need another "clean ..." at the top-level as well, right?

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org