[Bro-Dev] Hui Lin_Need Help on Git Merge Bro's master

Jonathan Siwek jsiwek at ncsa.illinois.edu
Wed Oct 26 06:42:56 PDT 2011

> It seems that my master is too old. I have not updated since June.
> I git clone separate one on different location and the master branch works fine. But I don't know how to pull out my branch remotely into this separate location.
>

>From the new clone, I think the command sequence will be:

git checkout <your topic branch>
git merge master

and if everything looks fine:

git push origin HEAD

If you had uncommitted/unpushed changes in your old clone that you wanted to recover and you had time to just come by my office, I can try to help -- I would have expected the recursive submodule update to fix it for you.