[Bro-Dev] Memory leaks on git eds2245

Gregor Maier gregor at icir.org
Wed Sep 7 22:25:37 PDT 2011

On 9/7/11 17:10 , Robin Sommer wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 12:03 -0500, you wrote:
>
>> I'm finding that Bro leaks memory heavily whenever it drops packets,
>
> Seth/Gregor, could this still be SSL-related? Martin, any chance you
> could try without SSL to see if it shows the same behaviour?

I would guess so. The valgrind output definitely hints at that. I just
don't know SSL or its analyzer at all, so I'm afraid I might not be much
help :-(

cu
Gregor

(BTW, the memory problems I have/had weren't "real" leaks. One a SSL
connection was done Bro would free the memory for it again. The problem
is that many SSL connections can live for days and thus they ultimately
consume memory like a "real" leak would).

--
Gregor Maier
<gregor at icir.org>  <gregor at icsi.berkeley.edu>