[Bro-Dev] #574: More exessive memory usage

Gilbert Clark gc355804 at ohio.edu
Thu Sep 15 16:28:28 PDT 2011

I've been thinking about building a library interposer (in the spirit of
http://developers.sun.com/solaris/articles/lib_interposers.html) that
will track malloc / realloc / calloc by script line (pull the top frame
out of g_frame_stack) and script file; I envision using SIGUSR1 and
SIGUSR2 to dump and clear gathered statistics, respectively.

I tried to do something similar with systemtap, but I wasn't able to
keep bro running fast enough to process nontrivial volumes of live
traffic.  Haven't tried dtrace yet.

If this sounds like something that'd be useful here, I can inject it
into the top of the TODO.

--Gilbert