[Bro-Dev] Hui Lin_Merging DNP3 analyzer

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Wed Aug 1 15:49:52 PDT 2012

Hui, what's the branch your most recent code is in?

On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 10:50 -0500, you wrote:

> 1. I have some customization codes in DNP3.cc. I simply printf the error
> message in this file (such as memory allocation failed). For those error
> messages, do I have to include them in log files ?

Yes, you should use the reporter for errors. For memory in particular,
you don't need to check if you use "new" (because a handler for that
is installed), and there's safe_malloc etc. for the C-style functions
(see util.h)

> 2. where should I put several sample policy files?

Put them under scripts/policy/protocols/ for now, we can later see if
that's something we want to ship.

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org