[Bro-Dev] [Bro-Commits] [git/bro] fastpath: on 32-bit machines only unsigned long longs are 64-bits long. Not just unsigned longs... (26f5aee)

Bernhard Amann bernhard at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Aug 28 13:34:57 PDT 2012

On Aug 28, 2012, at 1:26 PM, Robin Sommer <robin at icir.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 00:50 -0700, Bernhard Amann wrote:
>
>>    on 32-bit machines only unsigned long longs are 64-bits long. Not just unsigned longs...
>
>> -    unsigned long uvalue = (value < 0) ? -value : value;
>> +    unsigned long long uvalue = (value < 0) ? -value : value;
>
> Should this use uint64_t instead of ill?

>From my understanding, it does not really matter; at least at the moment that is equivalent.

But it probably also should not hurt defining it as a uint64_t… and makes it better understandable.

Bernhard