[Bro-Dev] DNS TXT Queries and the Cache File

Vlad Grigorescu vladg at cmu.edu
Wed Aug 29 18:30:32 PDT 2012

Hello,

I'm working on wrapping up some code for adding DNS TXT query support to Bro. I have code that works, I'm just doing a final review to make sure the support has been added in everywhere it needs to be.

The other DNS query types (host and address) support saving the cached queries/responses to and from a DNS cache file. While I would like to see this added for completeness, it would mean making larger-scale changes, as a couple classes would need to be tweaked as well.

Is this something that people think is necessary? Should I throw up the code I have for now, and hopefully it'll get added down the road - either by myself, or the next poor soul to dive into the DNS code :-).

Thanks,

  --Vlad