[Bro-Dev] [Bro-Commits] [git/bro] topic/matthias/opaque: Implement equivalence relation for opaque types. (2494940)

Matthias Vallentin vallentin at icir.org
Thu Dec 6 21:31:26 PST 2012

> When we implement opaque types, shouldn't we be able to supply an equivalency testing function?  Just comparing the types seems of limited use.

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean exactly. This is only for
types, not for values: an opaque of T is equivalent to an opaque of U
if and only if T == U. The opaque types carry a name string with them,
e.g., "md5," or "hyper-log-log," which translates T == U into name(T)
== name(U).

Maybe you're more concerned about the values? I haven't implemented
that part yet.

    Matthias