[Bro-Dev] On the topic of MailTo/MailAlarmsTo...

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Mon Dec 10 12:35:17 PST 2012

On Sun, Dec 09, 2012 at 15:05 +0000, you wrote:

> e-mails to MailTo into a ticket system. Crash reports are also being
> sent there, which doesn't really make sense.

That sounds like crash reports are sent to the wrong place. We have
two options for mails:

        Option("MailTo", "<user>", "string", Option.USER, True,
           "Destination address for non-alarm mails."),

        Option("MailAlarmsTo", "${MailTo}", "string", Option.USER,
           True, "Destination address for alarm summary mails. Default
           is to use the same address as MailTo."),

I believe the original intention was to use MailAlarmsTo for
everything to the IR team, and MailTo for all the adminstrative stuff.
Doesn't sound like that's still the case anymore but maybe somethign
we should go back to?

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org