[Bro-Dev] [Bro-Commits] [git/broccoli] fastpath: Rebuild only necessary files for new prefix (74cbf83)

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Wed Dec 12 19:20:49 PST 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 15:05 -0800, you wrote:

>     When rebuilding just to change the install prefix, now only two
>     files need to be recompiled, instead of 56 files.

This is good. However, I'm still wondering if an environemnt variable
isn't the better approach. We'd set something like
BROCTL_INSTALL_PREFIX and then broctl uses that instead of the
configure-time prefix. The advantage is that one can run the
test-suite without messing with the Bro configuration (and hence don't
need another configure next time before doing "real" make install).

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org