[Bro-Dev] persistent storage location

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Tue Feb 28 07:43:43 PST 2012

On Feb 28, 2012, at 10:24 AM, G. Clark wrote:

> unified set of script functions that handles generic K/V data I/O, e.g.:

I've been thinking about this a lot too and we may be getting to that point before long.

> Unfortunately, logging currently only does create, and input only does
> read, so we have update and delete to somehow work into the mix.

I'm not really sure that update and delete can even fit into the model generally as it is.  It may turn out that a future IO framework might consume the input framework but the logging framework would remain standalone although it would probably be able to reuse code internally from the IO framework.

This may be a job for 2.2. :)