[Bro-Dev] Testing errors with new XCode

Siwek, Jonathan Luke jsiwek at illinois.edu
Thu Jul 26 09:28:21 PDT 2012

On Jul 26, 2012, at 11:10 AM, Slagell, Adam J wrote:

> Tried again today. The bif test passes now, DNS tests still have a problem if DNScrypt is on, 21 tests are still skipped (only with dnscrypt on), and the coverage is the same.

I think the test failure in this case is OK as it is indicating a rejection of poorly formed DNS responses from the local DNSCrypt proxy.  When I had used a more recent version of DNSCrypt from their GitHub (https://github.com/opendns/dnscrypt-proxy), the responses were well formed and worked compatibly with Bro.

There may be be more we could do to still accept responses if at least one answer section was parseable from the response, but that seems like it could get sketchy.

    Jon