[Bro-Dev] ElasticSearch problem (Re: [Bro-Commits] [git/bro] master: Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/fastpath' (c66c6d7))

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Fri Jul 27 14:31:49 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 16:16 -0400, you wrote:

> The default is pre-configured (localhost:9200).  I suspect we shouldn't load anything from the tuning/ directory in default tests.

That would require restructuring some of the tests. Also, I do prefer
having everything loaded. I see the problem here though.

We could add the reporter.log to the baseline for now until we've
figured out something better. But are they stable, or may the
specifics look different everytime?

Here's another idea: how about adding a way to disable the stuff in
logs-to-elasticsearch even if loaded? Like by redefing the ES server
to an empty string? That's something we could then add to the tests
that load everything.

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org