[Bro-Dev] Problems parallelizing btests

Siwek, Jonathan Luke jsiwek at illinois.edu
Thu Mar 1 08:07:58 PST 2012

> - The coverage analysis doesn't like running in parallel, it messes
>   up the state file. Jon, do you think we could get that to work
>   somehow?

Yeah, what I'm thinking is to have Brofiler.cc pass BRO_PROFILER_FILE through mkstemp() instead of fopen() and then change that env. var. in the btest.cfg files to use some .XXXXX suffix so that each bro instance writes coverage state to a unique file.  Then I've already got a script in testing/scripts/coverage-calc that glues coverage files together.  I'll go ahead and try that real quick and commit if it works out.

+Jon