[Bro-Dev] Problems parallelizing btests

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Fri Mar 2 09:45:34 PST 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 17:54 -0800, I wrote:

> btest:topic/robin/parallel has a version of btest that can run tests
> in parallel.

This branch could use some testing as well, btw. I've also
restructured things internally a bit. README isn't updated yet but the
new options are:

  -j THREADS, --jobs=THREADS
                        number of threads to run tests in simultaniously; 0
                        disables threading
  -g GROUP, --group=GROUP
                        execute only test of given group, or '-' for those
                        without any group
  -r, --rerun           Execute commands for tests that failed last time

(For the Bro tests, one currently needs to remove the
BRO_PROFILER_FILE variable from btest.cfg to make it work.)

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org