[Bro-Dev] IPv6 literal addr constants

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Mon Mar 12 21:30:41 PDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 12:09 -0400, you wrote:

> >> How about enclosing IPv6 literals in brackets, e.g. [aaaa::bbbb]?
> >
> > I like that, that's a well defined standard syntax.
>

> I like it too, but won't it be yet another problem for differentiating
> between record definition, tuple definition, and now IPv6 definition?

That is a good point. I'm not fully sure but I believe it should be
less of a problem than with the current syntax. Most of the other
usages have some characters in there that aren't valid inside an
address (or the other way round: the address' ':' and '::' aren't
valid in them). But the trick is to define the lexer so that it picks
the addresses but leaves the other ones alones ...

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin at icir.org