[Bro-Dev] [Bro-Commits] [git/bro] topic/bernhard/input-threads: make raw reading work. (367c4b4)

Bernhard Amann bernhard at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Mar 16 11:04:52 PDT 2012

On Mar 16, 2012, at 8:34 AM, Robin Sommer wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 07:54 -0700, Bernhard Amann wrote:
>
>>    apparently there was a crash in the reader plugin, but main bro
>>    did not notice but waited for eternity for it do to something.
>
> Would be nice if main Bro noticed and just continued orderly.
> Something I haven't tried with the logging framework either yet …

An error message would also be kind of nice :).

The behavior I saw was that it was just "stuck" - bro didn't do anything, debug output didn't show anything and once one pressed ctr+c it shut down.

But - when attaching gdb, one could see the crash (null pointer dereference) - which then was quite easy to fix.

Bernhard